It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:27 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Which Is The best 5 Star Resort Puerto Galera
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:07 pm 

I am returning again and to Puerto Galera. I am bringing some friends who are five star sort of people so I was looking for a five star resort or five star resort hotel that might be suitable.

I searched the Internet and found three in Puerto Galera that claim to be of five star resort hotel standard: Buri Resort, Atlantis Resort and The Manor At Puerto Galera.

Can someone tell me which is best and why?

Post subject: Re: Which Is The best 5 Star Resort In Puerto Galera
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:08 pm 

The Buri Resort is reputed to be as close to five star as you can get in Mindoro but it is so isolated that it makes getting to and from it very difficult. If you want seclusion and ambiance then the Buri Resort may be a choice. I have not stayed there because it is not convenient because I want to roam around and explore.

The Atlantis Resort is not really five star despite its claim but it is still good. My problem with Atlantis is that it is right in the middle of Sabang Beach (the entertainment beach) which means the surroundings are noisy and somewhat smelly 24/7.

The Manor At Puerto Galera offers seclusion but is easily accessible from the road to the Puerto Galera Yacht Club. The rooms and suites are definitely five star rooms but the service is not quite five star and it is not actually on a beach - its on a little forested hill about five minutes walk from Boquete Beach. But the environment and the views would definitely make it my first choice for a five star resort hotel in Puerto Galera. The other reason I could recommend The Manor is that you don't have to pay a five star price to get five star accommodation :)

I hope this helps . . .

Post subject: Re: Which Is The best 5 Star Resort Puerto Galera
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:35 pm 
Buri Resort is secluded and not as convenient as the others but I love the spa!!!!!!

The Manor I have not stayed at but I toured the rooms. Definitely five star accommodation and I love the artwork treasures everywhere. By the way The Manor at Puerto Galera has a new website that shows off some of the artwork treasures and the views.

Atlantis Beach Resort, never been inside because I don't do nightclub beaches especially not like Sabang Beach. Can't imagine anything on Sabang Beach being five star.

For me the Buri Resort or The Manor would be my five star choices

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:09 pm 

nothing on sabang beach is 5 star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:09 pm 

thanks for all your help people I think we will try The Manor At Puerto Galera because we want mobility as well as five star . . . will let you know what happens when we arrive and give you our opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:23 pm 

ukdude26 wrote:
thanks for all your help people I think we will try The Manor At Puerto Galera because we want mobility as well as five star . . . will let you know what happens when we arrive and give you our opinion. Lake Tahoe Hotels

I am considering going to The Manor at Puerto Galera this year. What were your thoughts on it?

Thanks in advance,

-Jim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:28 am 

Jim I liked the Manor very much, the rooms are generous in size, the linens, covers, furnishings etc were very clean, the views are special in all directions because you are so high above the surrounding beaches and forested areas. The only improvement I could suggest would be to invite a guest chef from time to time to help expand the menu to better satisfy all international tastes. However, The Manor is only five minutes walk from the Puerto Galera yacht club so culinary variety is easy to find.

I will go back there again when in Puerto Galera.